I finished it this morning (again, of course). Some stuff that caught my eye that I may or may not have discussed here before:
- In Harry’s first class with Snape, Snape mentions a sleeping potion so strong that it’s called the Draught of Living Death. Do you think this is what Dumbledore drank? I do. And I think it means that R.A.B. (Regulus Black for sure, because of the silver locket at #12 Grimmauld Place) is for sure still alive. He drank the potion, Voldemort’s follower’s thought he was dead, and eventually he woke up and either went into hiding or went off looking for the other Horcruxes.
- Man, the movie could have been better than it was. It left out a lot of stuff.
- Ollivander: Definitely went to work for Voldemort.
- Why do they always leave the cool Sorting Hat songs out of the movies? And the school song is funny.
- The centaurs. Bane says to Firenze, “We are sworn not to set ourselves against the heavens. Have we not read what is to come in the movement of the planets?” after Firenze saves Harry in the Forbidden Forest. Later, Firenze says to Harry, “Good luck, Harry Potter. The planets have been read wrongly before, even by centaurs. I hope this is one of those times.” So apparently, Voldemort is supposed to kill Harry, according to the reading of the planets, but the centaurs have been wrong before. So… I’m now making my official prediction. Harry lives.
- The movie totally jacks up the last chapter of book 1. I mean, the way Voldemort is even defeated!