A couple of nights ago we played Scattergories and drank hot tea right before bed so we would go right to sleep (decaf hot tea really does work!). We are hilarious, ridiculous, and crazy when we play that game. Here are some examples:
- “Notorious People,” letter R… Frank said Richard Nixon, and I said Rachel Lucas. Hahahaha.
- “Fruits,” letter R. We had the same fruit but different answers. I said red grapes, Frank said raisins.
- “Things in a Medicine Cabinet,” letter R. Frank tried to answer “raft.” He said, “If it’s an inflatable raft, and you deflate it and make it really small, you can stuff it in a medicine cabinet.” I nixed that one.
- “Halloween Costumes,” letter R. I said Ron Weasley, and Frank said Remus Lupin. That was awesome.
- “Parts of the Body,” letter O. Frank: ova. SarahK: orifices.
- “Things You Replace,” letter O. Frank: old people (so sad). SarahK: old boyfriends (I replaced mine pretty much every week at church camp).
- “Villains/Monsters,” letter O. Frank: Orney ogre. He meant ornery.
- “Things You Shout,” letter O. SarahK: “Oh noes!” Hahahaha.
- “Famous Duos and Trios,” letter P. SarahK: Paula, Simon, and Randy. Frank: Paul and Oates. Hahaha. I disallowed that one.
- “Vacation spots,” letter P. Frank disallowed Palestine for some reason. Hey, I saw the Gaza Strip from a distance when I went to Israel. Close enough. And he put Poland.
- “Diseases,” letter P. Frank’s answer? Puss-filled pimples. I nixed it.
- “Words associated with money,” letter P. I went with Paypal, of course.
- “Things that you wear,” letter P. Frank’s answer, I’m not kidding: Preety pumps. Misspelled pretty and put girls’ shoes. He knew he misspelled it, though (when he read off his answer). My answer was panties. I’m really glad we didn’t have the same answer.
- “Vegetables,” letter F. Frank, desperate for an answer, said Fred Thompson because people joke he’s so lazy. I said absolutely not and made him apologize.
- “Types of Drinks,” letter F. Frank said fondue. Oy.
- “Musical Groups,” letter F. This one isn’t funny, but I was so proud of my three-point answer, Five For Fighting.
I beat him, 45 to 44.